With the ever-increasing drive to improve operational efficiencies and reduce costs through technological advancements, there is a growing number of IT projects, and a company’s success or failure is depending on its ability to complete projects on time, to specification, and within budget. An organization’s IT needs change at a rapid pace and developing in-house capabilities to cater these changes is a highly expensive and risky endeavor especially given the fact that in today’s business world failing to keep up with the IT innovation curve can lead to disaster for the company. The risk leads companies into considering getting outside help to complete IT projects, and the two delivery models they choose from are usually Staff Augmentation and Project Outsourcing and we at MobInspire are happy to provide both. So, let’s discuss and compare them both and then you can decide which one fits best for your IT needs. But, first, we will answer some questions you may have regarding what is Staff Augmentation and what is Project Outsourcing.
In project outsourcing, you can hire a dedicated team from us, who will work with you throughout the project. The team not only develops the project but also designs it, provides quality assurance, etc. The project manager will manage the team, and you will be directly communicating with him/her and not the team itself. The manager will convey your requirements to the team in a detailed manner, and you will no longer have to spend resources by being directly involved with the work process. However, you can still check the project’s progress in real time using the project management tool we use to keep everything streamlined. We can give you access to it so that you can check the team members working on the project and the tasks assigned to them in sprint form (we follow the Scrum process).
- You won’t have to spend costs on training the resources since we will choose the team with ideal skillset required to handle your project with ease and the best quality.
- Our teams always follow the industry’s best practices and ensure that their work meets the highest industry standards.
- Project management is our responsibility, so there is reduced management overhead on your part.
- Since delivering results is our responsibility, you can focus on the results of the core business.
- Project outsourcing also allows you to shift fixed costs (employees) to variable costs (project costs) which change in proportion to project activity; this improves operating leverage. Moreover, infrastructural and recruitment expenses would not be a concern for you.
- You will not have to solve any issues the resources may have nor will you have to hire someone who can provide them with the best work environment.
- You do not have to create a professional process to give the team working on the project a better understanding of the hierarchy.
In staff augmentation, we outsource our resources to your staff based on the additional skills and expertise you require. The developers will work with your team for the duration agreed upon in the contract, and they will do so from our office.
- You will have control over the staff and will be able to manage resources closely.
- By adding new skills to the team, you can take advantage of both external and internal resources to complete your IT projects.
- If your staffing needs are in flux, then staff augmentation can help you meet those needs, and it is relatively easy to add or subtract resources to meet demand.
- If any of your active projects need more resources to meet the deadline, then staff augmentation is an ideal option.
- You will be able to have your work done at a senior level, and that too at a more feasible cost than hiring in-house employees working at your location.
- You can save costs tied with recruitment and infrastructure.
- You can reduce the cost of acquiring skill by the avoiding the costs of investing in internal skill development.
Time to Decide:
Now that you have become well-versed in what staff augmentation and project outsourcing are, how they are different from each other, and what advantages each one brings to the table, it is time for you to decide which delivery model is best for you. Evaluate your project needs and based on the information provided above, determine whether it would be best to augment your staff or outsource your project to us. Either way, MobInspire are here to help.