Benefits of Outsourcing Mobile App Development
- You can get the most relevant skills for app development without permanently hiring an individual. It is impractical to permanently hire individuals from various fields with top skills without an increase in costs.
- You can ensure a significant reduction in costs of operations and recruitment. Hiring any individual as a full-time employee requires provision of benefits. The monthly wages and cost of benefits in the US are more than the sum of average hourly costs.
- The in-house teams can focus on existing tasks instead of opening another front. Working on way too many tasks increases the probability of errors. Besides, this ability also saves the time of teams.
- In-house app development puts the entire failure risk on your company. Although the odds of failure are minimal with a skillful team, yet one cannot rule out the possibility. Outsourced companies are liable to failures. They have to pay reparations in case their teams fail to deliver.
Challenges Involved in App Development OutsourcingChallenging tasks often yield fruitful results if one is able to take on them effectively. Following are some of the challenges arising in outsourcing.
- Finding the appropriate developer for outsourcing is a tough task considering the sea of profiles overflowing the internet.
- Some outsourced developers delegate your assigned task to another developer. You may have found and outsourced the task to a suitable agency, but this action does not guarantee success. Thus, you need to ensure that the developer works.
- Some newly established outsourcing companies are highly volatile. They are in search of many projects so that they can populate their profile with case studies. Most of the companies fail to sustain beyond this phase. If your company is one of the clients, you will not be able to claim compensation once your outsourcing agent is broke.
- App development outsourcing may trigger serious troubles if the culture and language of an agency vary significantly from that of yours. This challenge may cause management problems resulting in persistent delays and undesired behavior of apps.
How much does it cost to outsource app development?Cost of outsourcing varies depending on the scope of the project. As the number of features and details involved in feature increases, the cost varies directly.Mob Inspire has a wide range of experience working on different apps. Each of our clients had unique features. Thus, the cost also changed correspondingly.
Recommendations for Successful Outsourcing
Explicit Use CasesBefore hiring a company for app development, it is advisable to be sure about what you are trying to achieve. Many business owners present a vague business model to developers who end up developing unintended software.Note that you do not need to know the technical details of app. The decision to use the kind of coding languages, frameworks, and approaches rests on the development agency. All you need to share is the behavior that you want the app to reflect.An inexperienced developer can still understand your desired app features despite unclear use cases. Such a developer will most likely develop a decent app. However, one may exploit the ambiguities in use cases to mint more money.
Choosing the DeveloperSelecting the developer is crucial for app development outsourcing because this is the single most significant task defining the success probability of your business.Scores of independent analysts reiterate that outsourcing the development task to an experienced agency is advisable than to a freelancer. Any company with multiple years of experience of building a wide range of apps knows the specifics of various kinds of apps. In contrast, a freelancer lacks the appropriate resources which could aid in different phases of development.Nevertheless, the selection is not challenging if you follow a couple of rules.
1. Interview a company’s representative. This should be an employee, particularly a business development manager with technical knowledge. Such an individual can bridge the gap between you and the development team.
2. Ensure minimal communication and cultural buffer. Your developer will not be able to understand your intended app model if one has problems in understanding your language. Besides, cultural differences also affect the app. Apart from other reasons, geographical region also influences app design and its content development.Also Read 11 Best freelance iOS Developers to hire in Feb 2020